Friday, November 6, 2009

UKC and Sporting Dog Specialty....

2 weeks ago, I took Pyro to a local UKC show to see what its all about, try our hand at it, and see if we like it. I do have to say, I love the day of show entries! lol. But I hate the fact that its not as "scheduled" as AKC shows are. Regardless, we had fun, and it was MUCH more laid back than AKC is!! Pyro won Best of Breed 3 out of the 4 shows, and finished his UKC Championship by beating the Champions that were entered. On Sunday afternoon, he also placed third in the large Guardian Group, which was exciting!! I brought Maui along on Sunday and entered her in the Veterans exhibition, and she placed Reserve Best Veteran In Show!!!! It was so exciting!!! She won some stuffed toys, as well as a big bag of Canidae!! I still need to scan the pic and post it.......been too busy!!

Last weekend, I loaded up the dogs and headed down to New Mexico for the Sporting Dog Fanciers of NM Specialty...I only had Louie entered, in both Sweeps and Regular classes. Both days, Louie won Best Pointer in Sweeps, as well as WD. Our class competition didnt show up, so there were no points available :( We had a blast, took Broker out and ran him around and he didnt spaz and throw on the breaks, so we may be on a good start there! lol.

Off to the Pueblo shows tomorrow morning...Louie is entered Saturday (no points available) and Pyro entered on Sunday. I have Maui entered in Veterans on Saturday as well. Heres hoping for a great weekend!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment