Monday, February 23, 2009

6 months already?

The babies turned 6 months this weekend. I almost cant believe they are that old already! Seems like just yesterday Pyro and I were driving out to Doberman Nationals in Topeka, KS and took a side trip to see Gibbs litter in Kansas City, and a pretty little Orange/White Pointer baby stole my heart! BUT, both the babies are doing awesome, couldnt ask for much more! Louie is a chunky little guy, and Prada likes to keep her trim figure ;) Both are absolute sweethearts, crazy for ice cubes like the rest of my crew. Louie is just gorgeous! I cant wait to see how he does in the ring. Prada needs to fill in, A LOT! lol. I have a feeling shes going to take after the very slow to mature side of her lines, whereas Louie is coming right along. BUT, Prada has the nicer head of the two, very feminine, and dishy. Brian and I went for a drive up hwy 83 to Parker on Saturday, just to get out of the house, and we took Miss Prada with us, and she had a blast. She loves being the center of attention, gets so happy and waggy. Shes the lowman on the totem pole in our house, so we've been trying to get her out and about on her own so she can develop her own personality and attitudes. Shes a completly different dog away from the rest.

Our next shows are in Garden City, KS. We built a major in Pointer dogs, and have Louie, ZZ (Louie and Pradas liver brother), Gibbs, and Dexter entered. And then Prada is the only class bitch. So, hopefully, Prada will be able to cross for the major both days and then I wont have to worry about her getting majors! The Doberman people also built a major in Dobes, its a 4 point major (if everyone shows, since its on the *nose*) on Saturday, and a 3 point on Sunday. Again, I would be on Cloud 9 to major-point Pyro!
After that, I'm not sure if we will go to Scottsbluff or not. Gibbs may come back here with us from the Garden City shows, but I'm not sure on that or not yet. Regardless, we will go to the Terry All shows here in Colorado as well, probably only with Louie and Pyro. Prada needs to grow up some before I get too serious about showing her. Broker will be too young for Terry All by 3 days :(. After Terry All, I'm not sure what we will be doing, because I'm having my surgery on April 22nd, and Brian deploys in late May. I really enjoyed the Albuquerque shows last May, but not sure if I'll be up to it this year since its just a few weeks past my surgery. Anyways, thats all a ways off.

I'm going to try to get Brian to build me some agility equipment to play with in the backyard before he leaves, so that I can avoid paying out hundreds for agility classes since he is in the "pay off debt or else" mode right now.

Thats my updates for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment