Thursday, April 16, 2009

And Away We Go!

Its been crazy around here lately. Getting everything prepared for my surgery hasnt been easy, although I am looking forward to the break from the insane!

We attended the Terry All Kennel Clubs shows this last weekend in Brighton, Colorado. Overall, it was a great weekend :) I handled Pyro to back-to-back WD placements, which added 2 points to his total. This will be his last show for a bit due to my surgery/recovery time, and that he is just soooo much dog! We will probably be sending him out with a handler later this summer to try to pick up some majors and hopefully get our silly redhead finished!! Melissa and Maui won thier Juniors class back-to-back as well, which added to thier points, and as far as we know, makes them the #1 Pointer Junior Handler team in the US at present! YAY!!! Go Girls!! Louie behaved beautifully for me on Saturday, but wasnt the Judges cup of tea, so got Reserve, and he behaved well for Melissa on Sunday, but acted his age in Winners and again got Reserve. LOL. Gotta love puppies!!!! We brought Broker along for some experience on the show buildings and general getting out and about, and he adjusted well. Not as fast as I would have liked, but he was walking through the building wagging his tail just fine by Sunday. He is absolutly adorable, and was loved on by everyone, so I think he had a good time, got lots of love and lots of cookies, and had no problem getting back in the van Sunday morning to do it all over again ;) Hopefully he has a nice little show career ahead of him!!

Maui cut her foot open last week and so we made a run to the E-vet...not cheap, but she'll be fine. 3 stitches in between her toes that will come out in a week or so. And Louie got kicked in the nose by one of the other Pointers running up the back porch steps and had quite the bloody nose going on for a bit. All is well now, and I HOPE it STAYS that way!!

On to the people drama! After spending most of the night in the ER with a good friend, getting home and getting 4 hours of sleep before heading off to work...lunch finally came around and I went and picked up Brian and his friend Tony, and we headed off to grab some food...and got rear ended. The back end of my Cadillac is destroyed, including my backup sensors and entire exhaust system. I'm just glad though that the airbags didnt deploy. My neck is aching pretty good, and despite denying EMS at the scene, I have a feeling I'm going to end up in the hospital later on this evening. YAY!! Just what I need a week before my surgery! Oh well. At least the Cadi can go into the shop while I'm recovering. I feel bad for the Soldier that hit us...he was driving a leased vehicle and he was going to turn it back in this evening!! Poor guy.

I'll post Pyros pictures when I get them....

No comments:

Post a Comment