Friday, April 24, 2009

Recovery...

Is DEFINATLY NOT EASY!! Oh wow...I never imagined I would be this sore! The best way to describe it is that I feel like my entire upper body was used as a punching bag. I've never seen bruises this nasty (but, all to be expected, so its ok) and my arms, neck, abs, even my JAW hurts! LOL. I've been trying to get up and moving around quite a bit, and I think the compensating to keep pressure off my chest is making me sore everywhere else. Showering this evening was increadibly strange. I feel like a child again, since I cant even wash my own hair!!

BUT, I'm loving the new size already!! Dr Heinz took 3.5 pounds from one side, and 4 pounds from the other. Its CRAZY just the noticable difference already. OMG...my shirts actually FIT ME CORRECTLY!! I love it, even if I am hurt and sore!! I cant wait to be all healed up again :)
Thank you to everyone for your kind wishes, prayers, and thoughts for me during all of this. It means more than you know just to know that everyone is out there thinking about me during this time and hoping the recovery goes well. Its also nice to be able to talk and text and email to break the monotony.

My poor boys dont know what to do without thier Momma...Pyro and Broker wont eat...Louie is making himself sick...Tony keeps frantically looking for me. We let them out one at a time this afternoon so they would stay calm and get to see me again. Hopefully it will help them all relax a little. The house is a little tense right now since Brians in "protection" mode over me...I make a weird noise, he freaks out! Poor guy. He was so worried during the procedure too. 2 seconds to me was 3 hours for him...sitting in the waiting room staring at a wall. I loved my doctors, nurses, and the entire procedure was wonderful. They made sure I was comfortable the entire time, even if the bloodpressure cuff nearly killed me!!
Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling ok and able to stand up straight (I've found hunched forward is a little more comfortable) we can take a picture and post the before and after shots...you'll be amazed at just the amount of sheer MASS that was removed...the first thing I said when I was coherant and looked down was "Where did they go??"

Hopefully the next few weeks go smoothly.....will definatly keep everyone posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment