Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fun Match



I'm a bit late posting this but this week has been really crazy!




Last sunday, I took the babies up to the Terry All Kennel Club fun match, just for the practice and to get them out since I havent really done much with them since they got here! They both suprised me with how well behaved they ended up being, and how quickly they adjusted to their surroundings! Since, like I said, neither of them have been out much at all other than going to the vet and the occasional car ride, when they both had tails out and wagging within 5 minutes of walking into the building, I was impressed. They met all kinds of people and dogs, got loved on by everyone, and we just had an overall good time. I came home with two very tired puppies, which is always pleasant!




I entered them both in the 3-6 month puppy class, since they were a week shy of 5 months old at the time. Melissa was kind enough to handle Miss Prada for me, although Prada decided she was going to be *very* uncoperative on the moving part! The judge definatly made them work for the prizes! (Which were jumbo-sized cookies, btw) Both won thier class, and best male and female puppy since they were the only Pointers entered! Louie ended up going Best Pointer Puppy, and so we got to hang around and wait *forever* for groups! Eventually though, it was time for Puppy Group, and since Louie was getting tired, he was also behaving himself :) and managed to be awarded the Sporting Puppy Group Second. I was very pleased with the little guys performance. I think he is going to be a gorgeous boy when he grows up, and so far, is off to a great start.




Next weekend we plan on going to another fun match, so will update more when the time comes.


In the mean time, I have been working on getting the puppies to walk on leashes (LOL...yeah, I forgot about that part!) and to stand correctly. Happy Legs are a blessing!
The puppies first show is in March, Pyros next show is Valentines weekend (puppies will be too young by a week!) and Maui will be in Juniors with Melissa at that show as well. We have a new addition coming in early February, which is exciting. Nope, not a Pointer. Right now, we will just call it the "big hairy beast"... lol. More on that later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment